Saturday, December 21, 2013

Just Bought My Most Expensive Jewelry Jar Yet.

     Hello again blogging universe, In celebration of starting this blog I went down to Good Will To buy a new mystery jewelry jar and do you know what's funny? after what seems like ages they finally put a new one in the case and it was in a fairly large and had a price tag to match. I was going in planning on getting the $30 jar that I'd been eyeing for a couple weeks but how could I resist a brand new jar at almost twice the usual size (I should've expected twice the junk in it.) Anyways, the jar was $40 which for a college bound kid who can't seem to find a job, it's basically all the money I had... actually it was more then I had. The cashier at the time was kind and gave me the nickel I was short on and wished me a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year on my way out. If Karma exists I hope it comes back to him more then 10 fold. Well without further ado, here are the photos.
 
#1The Jar
 I thought I'd start by showing some angles of the jar, see anything good?



 

#2 The Junk
Of course not everything in these jars is good, here is a whole pile of junk (might use some for art projects/jewelry making)
Yeah, it was probably half the jar.
 
#3 Some of the nicer things
 Either bone or some kind or stone, defiantly not plastic or glass 


 All this has is a label "Made In India"
 My sister use to have a million of these as a kid.
 once again either bone or stone
 Magnetic clasp
 Seashell



 

 

 Aren't glass beads pretty?
 
 








 All of these were hand made by someone, are you the artist?


There were a lot more chains and cords then usual.
 
 
#4 My Favorites
 More specifically the dice pendant piece
 I love the colors and the copper piece on the bottom reminds me of ancient civilizations.
 Why is it every pocket watch I get has a broken face? (top right corner)
At least It has a nice etching and is valued around $10-$20
 

 I love this because the other side is a mirror
 I like this space age looking watch.
 valued $65 :D
 Valued $45 :D
 Valued $5

 Can't find Remex really anywhere.... sorry the picture is upside down.

 Valued $5-$18 I think this vintage whistle is kind of cool...and heavy.

 That's a real crystal in the middle.
One of my favorite things to find is Sterling silver or pearls... the clasp on this is sterling silver and yet again I've found real pearls... Alas, this is the first one I've owned knotted like this.
 
Oh, and can't forget this guy, my childhood memories in a nutshell. I put it on immediately after it's discovery.
 
     So, see any pieces you really liked? know any information on a piece that I didn't list?(especially some of those watches) Want to share a story of your own finds? Well be sure to comment below, I'm really looking forward to feed back since I'm new at this whole thing.
 
Well, until next time keep searching for that ultimate Treasure,
                                                                                                  Jason


No comments:

Post a Comment