Friday, December 20, 2013

2013 Finds In Review

     Hello Blogging world, I'm Jason and for as long as I can remember I've been going to Thrift stores, tag sales, and estate sales. Over the years I started realizing, Why not share my amazing treasures? Thus, this amazing little blog is beginning. Due to there only being a couple weeks left in the year, even though I'll be posting more blogs about more finds from those weeks, I decided to start by posting some pictures of things I've found through out this year to sort of catch you up on some of my amazing finds.

                                           #1 1980's Monterey faux fur, waist length coat.
I was eyeing this coat at my local Good Will for almost 2 months. It was sting behind the counter in perfect condition but, as a bargain shopper I wasn't really willing to pay the $169.99 price tag. Eventually it went on sale 50% off but that isn't when I bought it, I bought it on Sunday which, the local Good Will takes all clothes and shoes of a certain tag color and sells the for $1.50. I went out at 8am in the after math of a terrible snow storm and walked to Good Will arriving at the store moments before the other people who wanted to buy the coat arrived. Now, it wasn't smart of me to buy this coat without researching it first but boy was I happy when I found out the cheapest one I could find was almost $400.
 
 
 
#2 Jewelry Jar finds 1+2
Theses jars I believe totaled $39.99 and I'm posting them together since I separate my jewelry and can't remember which is from which. 
 Hand Made tribal bracelet (unknown origin and value)
 Vintage Italian micro glass mosaic (Sold for $15 but issues with paypal caused me to end up keeping it.)





 In all honesty first bolo tie I ever owned



Fine Bone China porcelain Pin Valued $20  

 Piglet Watch Valued $20-$30 
 If you know anything about his watch or artisan Martha Wood please let me know.
 First sterling silver chain I found
 More sterling silver
 A strand of real freshwater pearls I believe valued $20-$30 but unsure
Chaps
 
#3 Jewelry Jar Finds 3 
 
This jar was $9.99 and contained these pieces as well as tons of glass seed beads worth over $100 and a few interesting pieces I'll list in a separate section.

 
 
Krementz Pin valued $10-$15

 



 

One of my favorite pieces of this set


 



 

 
 Lucky Brand pearl and velvet peace necklace Valued $20 
 
Little Nemo signed cat pin Valued $15 
 
 
#4 The pieces I'm keeping for my collection
 cost 50 cents
 From first jewelry jar high end vintage glass pearls



 If you know anything about this bear please let me know, found it in an old board game.
 I'm a huge fan of America's bicentennial and was glad to snatch these both up for under $3
 

 Still sealed in original package paid $1.99 worth $40  
 $1 at a tag sale, vintage

 





 1931 working pocket watch broke crystal, original chain (told to value at$130 was in third jewelry jar.
 West Germany sterling silver costume jewelry (jewelry jar 1 or 2)
 Jewelry jar 2 pop out eyes Halloween? charm
 Jewelry jar 1 sterling silver possibly diamonds
 80 cents at tag sale American Red Cross pin (valued $13-$18)


I posted this picture once with and once without flash trying to show more detail... it is sterling silver possibly diamonds and I really at to learn more about it so if anyone knows any info about it please le me know (Jar 3)
 
 
     Well, Thank you for reading and please comment information on any of the pieces you have, stories of your own found treasures, and suggestions on how to better my blog. Next time it shouldn't be so crazy since I tried to get you  a little up to date. Also know I collect basically everything so for all people not into jewelry, there are many different items to come.

Until next time keep searching for that ultimate treasure,
                                                                                         Jason
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment