Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Years Day Sale finds

     Well et m start by telling you a little story. I couldn't sleep the night of new year's eve or at all during the early morning of New Years day so I left a little early to walk to goodwill. It was freezing, I was tired, but I still walked there t find out they were opening 2 hours later then usual. It was New Years Day so everywhere was closed So I sat out waiting for an hour before I realized the car part store in the same plaza was open. I spent an hour in there and only walked out with  candy bar.
     I then continued to good will where I was told they didn't have enough jewelry to make new jars so I grabbed the only one I knew little about only because it was half off and It had a cameo which  knew had potential to be valuable. I also for the first time outside of buying a friend a necklace once bought jewelry outside of jars.  I bought 2 pins which I'll posting below....and apologies in advance, there is no picture of the jar because my mother wanted to see what I got immediately when I got home.
     Also, wanted to let you know what I listed on eBay has 3 days left and I already have over $90 in bids. Adding in the Pandora bracelet and some other pieces I already sold I am already in the profit margin with plenty of my high end pieces yet t be listed.

The Two Pins I Bought Separate
 
This pin was marked $10, 1/2 off, 14kt gold plated and real pearls

Austria signed rhinestone bird pin 1.99, 1/2 off, valued $25

What Was In The Jar (cost $15)
 
Sterling silver Italy also marked BA 

 I actually found an almost exact copy of this bracelet on eBay
 It is sterling silver and mother of pearl valued $18
 This is the cameo I found looing at the jar
 marked Wedgwood made in England, this particular piece was made in the 1950's one of the only known periods a pink color was used. It is valued between $50 and $80 
Sorry about the lack of lighting my camera was dieing






Sadly that' all the reasonable valued things I found in he jar beside a complete necklace, earring, bracelet set and a vintage silver and rhinestone choker necklace. The good thing is the Wedgwood cameo pin alone was valued  6x more then the cost of the jar so though there wasn't much I still made great profit.


Well, until next time,
                            Jason


No comments:

Post a Comment